10.14.2009

Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms

I was at work today and before leaving, my lady-boss was contemplating what to make for supper. I don't even recall what she mentioned (though I do recall it sounding mighty tasty), but it sparked this idea in my head to make myself some stuffed mushrooms. Off I went on a stuffed mushroom recipe hunt and what I found is SO TASTY that I had to share it with you guys...;)

Delicious stuffed-mushrooms


Delicious insides of the stuffed mushrooms


I n g r e d i e n t s:

♥ 1 lb medium fresh mushrooms (I had white buttons but I'm sure other kinds would be just as good!)
♥ 4 Bacon slices well cooked and chopped up into small pieces
♥ 1/2 minced onion (you can use some green onion mixed with regular onion)
♥ 1 tsp salt
♥ 1/8 tsp pepper
♥ 3 oz cream cheese at room temperature
♥ 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs, plain or Italian blend
♥ 1/4 cup hot water

C o o k i n g:

Gently clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Chop up the stems finely and set aside.

Fry the bacon strips until they are well done, but not over-cooked. Remove them and place them on a paper towel to drain off. In the bacon droppings, saute the onions and mushroom stems until tender and lightly golden. Drain if there is still a lot of bacon drippings. Add the salt and pepper.

Soften up the cream cheese in a bowl and add the bacon (chopped up) and the mushroom/onion mixture. Blend them all well together. Press a small amount of mixture firmly into each mushroom cap so that it mounds over the top a little bit.

Place the bread crumbs into a small, shallow bowl. Gently press the tops of the mushrooms caps into the bread crumbs so that they are completely coated. Place the caps into a 9" x 13" baking dish and add the hot water to the pan without pouring the water over the tops of the mushroom caps. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes at 325'F. You should have about 30ish mushrooms.

And there you have it. Yummy hors d'oeuvres done quickly with very little mess or a nice side dish. What-have-you, they will be delicious!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Christie Cottage on October 14, 2009 at 9:06 PM said...

These look delicious!

http://christiecottage.blogspot.ocm

Gifted Designs on October 15, 2009 at 11:18 PM said...

They were Christie! I ate most of them right away they were so good...*lol*

Wanderings of a Wannabe on October 27, 2009 at 11:30 PM said...

my husband would die! i've got to try them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Gifted Designs Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template