12.30.2009

Studio Time

In my new apartment, I actually have proper space designated for all my arts and crafts as well as my computer...:)

This room will grow right along with me through my journey into the world of jewelry designing.

I thought I could perhaps share with you the humble beginnings and as I add to the room, you could experience it's growth right along with me.

At the same time, I get to show you some works in progress which are always fun!

My desk...:) It's old, it's beat up and I LOVE it...:D


Some of the pieces I've begun to lay out. I'm either waiting for findings to complete them, or they haven't told me yet quite how they want to be finished...;)

The new way I'll be shooting my earrings. The photo is to scale so it should give people an idea of how it'll fit them wihtout the ew factor of a live model!


The beginnings of my storage empire...:D I'm going to be getting more of these as well as shelving, storage containers that are stackable and probably a tool box. I'm only JUST starting to amass the tools I need

My photography area. Pitiful right now, and you'd laugh at the horror of a light-box I just made for myself, but it'll be improved as I go!

I have so many plans. Right now, I've got boxes everywhere from moving, but I have been told I have a locker so those will be going in there. Once that's done, I'll be able to put up my drawing table and maybe, ya know, draw things now and then...;D

I want to get tons of inexpensive plastic storage for ALL my art supplies. Right now, everything is crammed into boxes. I need to seriously go through it all and see if there's anything duplicated that I could give to charity or bring to my old school to see if any of the students there could use a bit of help with free supplies. Especially the Interior Design department. There's a lot of tools I purchased that I just do not use because I changed programs, some of which are very expensive to purchase new and are hard to find used.

I also have plans for the wall my desk is against to inspire me and brighten up the place...:) I come across fabulous photographs of decor, jewelry and art all the time. I fully intend on asking permission of the artists to print out the low res versions of their items and plaster my wall with them. So my whole wall will become a super colorful inspiration board!

Of course, I'll need a printer for that...*lol*

How could I NOT want to work in such a space???

So tell me, what does YOUR work space look like? Feel free to share!

2 comments:

Christie Cottage on December 31, 2009 at 9:25 AM said...

Congratulatiosn on your new work space!


Happy New Year!

http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Whenever I get the urge to organize my workspace I always put like things together - colors of yarn, needles. buttons. That way I have them all in one spot and it's easy to see if I have the right color or size.

Your inspiration wall sounds like it'll be great. You'll have to post photos when it's done, I'd love to see it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Gifted Designs Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template