12.14.2009

Mini Marvels - Peggyhodge


It's Mini-Marvel time!

I'm always impressed when people can make an impact while being soft-spoken. Peggyhodge is quiet, but her photography and her stones aren't. They are filled with life and beauty and I feel that they match her well.

I asked her to share a little about herself with us and I was honored that she complied:

My journey into the lapidary world was an unintentional one. My sister won a free year membership in the Oshkosh Earth Science Club and dragged me to her first meeting. There we learned that she could learn to make cabs in the workshop so she dragged me to the class also. The rest was history, or should we say, written in stone. My photography started to take a backseat to making cabochons.
After being trained in making cabs, spending 2 hours on a Saturday wasn't enough time for me. I soon bought my own machines. I took the intarsia class offered at the club. Then in August I went on my first field trip to the kona dolomite quarry in Upper Michigan.

I have been taking photographs since I was a kid, as you can see from my avatar. That's me at 4 years old. I love taking photos of the beauty of nature. Also The EAA Airventure in Oshkosh offers the opportunity to take fantastic photos, both action and abstract shots.


I am so lucky to have been graced with her presence and that she opened up to us all...:)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Gifted Designs Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template