1.26.2009

What a month....

I have never in my life had such a FANTASTIC January at the one that is on it's way out. I'm so thrilled with it that I'll miss it...:)

January is my favorite month of the year, purely and simply because my birthday is in it. Usually, my birthday consists of me buying the freshest, most expensive sirloin steak I can find, divinely cooking it for myself and celebrating my birthday with a glorious glass of wine as an accompaniment. As much as I love my birthday and am ridiculously happy on that day, it tends to be spent alone...with that steak...yum...;)

This year was ENTIRELY different. I not only got to celebrate my birthday once at work with my friend Sandra who bought me lunch AND made a purchase in my shop and with some fabulous friends for nearly my whole birthday weekend, I got to celebrate it yet again last weekend...:D My group of girlfriends got together for our monthly girl's night in and, seeing as two of us are January Babies, we decided to go out and fancy it up...:D We had a BLAST and my wonderful girlfriends managed to HUGELY surprise me by presenting me with a brand new camera.

If you have Facebook, I highly entourage you to go check out the tagged photos of me because my reaction is priceless...:D I had the entire restaurant staring at us and the waiters running over to see if we were all right...*LOL* Shock does not even begin to cover how I was feeling. I cannot tell you how extremely grateful I am to these girls who are rapidly becoming family to me...:) They are SO supportive of what I do...they bought the camera becuase they know I didn't have one and that I needed one to be able to stop using the work camera and photograph my pieces at home. How cool is that??!!?? The only other times I remember reacting so strongly to gifts was when my friend Sal bought me my CD player WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back when and when my best-friend Kris bought me my awesome drawing tablet. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful friends...it constantly makes me wonder just how good I was in a past life to deserve them all!

Ok, I'll stop gushing now...*lol* I'm still on a high, as if you couldn't all tell...:)

I've got a whole lot of things to post soon seeing as I've been remiss in posting my pieces. I've finally purchased a bust so I'll even be able to shoot my jewelry so you can see how it falls...isn't that awesome!

So tell me how YOUR month has been. Did you make any resolutions for the year? Did you accomplish something you wanted to do, try something new or make an important decision?

I'm looking forward to learning of your responses!

Don't forget to go check out Handmadeology.com...it opened it's doors today...so exciting!

3 comments:

Linda B on January 28, 2009 at 12:08 AM said...

Keep on celebrating! My birthday is in November and I celebrate through January.

Sounds like you have great friends, which is a gift from above.

MyWayToSay on January 28, 2009 at 12:43 PM said...

oh my - what a great change :)) It was very nice to have your story - with my morning coffee :)) off totry to find you on the facebook :)

Gifted Designs on January 28, 2009 at 8:02 PM said...

Linda...I DO consider my friends little gifts...I don't have a ton, but the ones I have are fantastic and ever supportive.

Margarita, I have a Facebook link to the left...:D I don't think I'm hidden from the public, so you should be able to find me...:D I'm glad you enjoyed the read...i can be wordy sometimes...*lol*

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Gifted Designs Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template