8.16.2010

Mini Marvels - VickiDianeDesigns


It's Mini-Marvel time!

As an admirer of those who do for others, I could not help instantly being respectful of VickiDianeDesigns...:) She's vibrant, generous and full of life and it comes through in everything she does so passionately.

I asked her to share a little about what makes life grand for her:

I'm in LOVE with life , colour music and art.
My creations are Bold, Vibrant, Sexy Funique and ALIVE. ( Hopefully as you read -- like me! )


I'm from London UK , where I left at 19 and travelled the world singing the blues and playing the piano. I came from a very theatrical and artistic background. My father being a film director and mum was a nurse but a fabulous pianist. I took up music and acting at an early age and spent a short time at drama school later.
My hobbies now are much the same...music (always LOUD while I'm working )...art, which I've been working at in some shape or form for over 20 years now...painting , fashion and jewelry...(and sport- when I can fit it in if I have any puff left ! )
I am lucky enough now to live between beautiful Southern Spain, Andalucia and the UK....guess which I like most ?


Regarding my designs, I've a HUGE passion for animal print, which I must have picked up on my travels , and also for vibrant rich, exotic and Mediterranean inspired colours, having spent many a moon relaxing on foreign sands and enjoying the amazing stunning sunsets !
I spend FAR too much time on Etsy and Facebook promoting other people (and occasionally myself ;) and love it !
As long as I can get to the gym or play tennis occasionally then I don't feel too guilty. I started a series of Etsy Treasury's nearly 2 and a half year years ago called **Artists Exposed * where I feature the artists from behind their shops and this has proved overwhelmingly successful and had people queuing up for a feature.
Now the format has changed and I have a non- stop rotation going on where there are as I write- well over 3000 views and over 4000 clicks already. I've kept it running since the end of April and it just proves that folk are nearly as nosy as me LOL !!! (I've only 750,000 artists to get through now :)


My designing gives me GREAT pleasure and doing this for you has been such fun. Thank you Shannon x


I hope you enjoyed her generosity, rara-avis spirit and playful work like I do!

6 comments:

bomobob on August 17, 2010 at 8:18 AM said...

Not only is she brilliant, talented, and gorgeous, but her photos are just the cat's meow.

Vicki Diane on August 17, 2010 at 9:03 AM said...

Shannon THANK YOU !!!
Un beso grande to Quebec X
Loved doing this and really appreciate your time and compliments :) XOX
Thanks too Bob x

Moonflower20 on August 17, 2010 at 10:00 AM said...

What a marvelous blog in honor of Vicki! Vicki truly is an amazing lady! She's not only selfless, generous, talented, beautiful, but she makes you feel so glad that you get to know her! OXOX

Mollie Ann on August 17, 2010 at 10:35 AM said...

We love Vicki, love her work, love seeing her featured here!!!
Yay Vicki!!!!
xoxoxo
Mollie and Joe

LittleSistahStudio on August 17, 2010 at 6:08 PM said...

Ms Vicki is a marvel! She has it all - starting with a warm and generous soul. Her zest for life is contagious ... AND if you don't own something of her you should. You deserve it!!

Gifted Designs on August 18, 2010 at 1:17 PM said...

I think Vicki is amazing and I'm so glad she agreed to do this with me...:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Gifted Designs Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template