1.08.2010

Artists Exposed Treaury and New Items!

I'm so excited! I've been trying to take a shot of myself FOREVER for VickiDianeDesigns' fabulous Artists Exposes Treasury Series. This is actually the third time I try! The last two I shot got sold before they even made it to Etsy...*lol*

Because of that, I kept the two beautiful pieces below on the down-low...;)

Here is Vicki's wonderful treasury. Comments and clicks would be awesome while the treasury is still running. I'm hoping for sales and hearts and the chance to meet some wonderful new people...:D

Artists Exposed Treasury

I chose to put up this particular piece because it's so classic. That's how the name Film Noir came about...:) It's a study in contrast and opposites.

Film Noir Necklace for Sale

The contrast is in the colors and textures of the piece...:) Oxidized silver versus shiny silver, silver versus gold, black versus pale pink, large versus small and sharp faceting versus organic, smooth shapes.

Isn't it great that you get all this visual impact in such a simple, elegant necklace? What's also nice about the huge diamond-shaped, faceted Smokey Quartz is that when the light hits them, they have a lovely golden hue...almost like looking into a rich pint of Guinness...:) The Rose Quartz connector provides a much softer light play. To play up those golden tones, I included some lovely faceted rondelles of Pyrite.

Film Noir Earrings for Sale

I chose to continue the idea of contrast by making the earrings a little more elaborate and using more of those lovely, sparkly pyrite rondelles. Again, both shiny and oxidized silver were used and I even used contrasting headpins, some are flat-ended and some are rounded. They catch the light really nicely when you twirl them...:) The last picture should give you a great idea of their scale. They are hanging on a to-scale image I took of myself just for this purpose!

Enjoy! I have a lot of new items coming!

2 comments:

Vicki Diane on January 9, 2010 at 5:02 AM said...

Shannon, it's a pleasure to *expose * you and your lovely work ! ( I hope you sell as much while it's on than while you were waiting :)
And while I'm here
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TODAY !!!!
Have a great one xox ♥♥

Jimmy Simpson on January 25, 2010 at 6:16 AM said...

Nice work by artists.I hope you will have good sales
Regards,
Jimmy Simpson
wedding cakeWriter

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Gifted Designs Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template