3.18.2009

Wonder Wednesday! GIGGLING GOLDFISH


And so we're back in the saddle...yippy cayay! Or however it's spelled...;)

I personally feel that this beautifully branded shop was well worth the wait!

Up on the menu, we've got Giggling Goldfish. Yup...your food for thought is giggling at you!

This shop is ALLL about fun and you can't help but giggle yourself when you see what she and her daughter have to offer. Fun learning toys for tots, pretties to make you feel pretty and vibrant color to uplift your soul. That's what you'll feel when you enter her shop...:) I know that's what I felt!

Up for grabs in this week's Giveaway is a really adorable, super colorful, pretend watch! Who knows, maybe it'll actually help ME learn to tell the time...*lol*


What's so great is that you have choice! You can choose to have a watch for girls or one for boys...:) Just wander around her shop to see what she has on offer! Do read the descriptions, they are SO FUN and SOOOO well written!

Want to know how you can win this darling piece of handmade fun? Very easy!

THE RULES
For ONE entry
♥wander on over to Giggling Goldfish
♥select your favorite item from her shop
♥come back here and tell us what it is, and most importantly, a brief explanation WHY

For ADDITIONAL entries
ONE more entry: read the interview below and briefly tell us what part you liked most.
ONE more entry: Follow Giggling Goldfish on Twitter
ONE more entry: Follow Gifted Designs on Twitter
ONE more entry: Add Giggling Goldfish as a contact on Flickr
TWO more entries: blog about this Giveaway and Feature on your own blog! Don't forget to provide the links back in your comments so we can see...:)
TWO more entries: follow my blog! You'll find the Follow box to the left by scrolling down a bit...:) If you already follow me, just say so and it'll count!
FIVE more entries: Purchase from either Gifted Designs or Giggling Goldfish! Purchasing from both triples your entries to FIFTEEN! Don't forget to tell us what you got by linking to it in a comment...:D

So that's a possibility of 28 entries...;) Of course, you don't HAVE to do all that, but I'm sure you'll want to!

Now, on to swimming with the fishes!

1-When did you start creating your whimsical pieces?

I have been creating some of the items in my shop for quite a while now but the ones that are geared towards toddlers I have just started creating over the last two years.

2- You have great variety in your shop, yet everything just goes together. What lead you to creating the types of items you make?

I mostly started creating the toddler items for my son. It was always so hard to find fun and educational items that he really liked so I started messing around with different ideas and one thing led to another and wanted to start sharing those with others. And then of course all of the girly stuff, for my daughter & all those precious little girls in our life.

3- When did your daughter start helping you make items for the shop?

We have been creating together for quite a few years now. It is getting a little harder as she gets older to find time with her studies but she is always helping out in lots of ways.

4- What is your favorite thing to create and why?

Right now I get the biggest kick out creating my little monster items (wallets, ouchy eaters & tote bags) they make me smile every time I create one & it is so much fun to see my little one enjoy the little monster things that I created for him.

5- I absolutely LOVE the fun way you describe your items when you post them for sale. How do you come up with such unique things to say?

Lol & thank you! I always wonder if anyone else finds humor in my descriptions. I am kind of a goof ball and love to be silly & my kids are the same way and I guess that just reflects in the things I create.

6- How did you come up with your shop name?

Awww…I just love telling this one. When my daughter was younger she would always tell us that her goldfish were smiling at her, so it just seemed so appropriate when we started creating together to name our shop “Giggling Goldfish”.

7- Who came up with the names for the Categories in your shop? When I mentioned excellent branding without images above, that was one of the main things I was talking about…:)

I named the categories, but they were totally inspired by my kids. I was trying to describe them through their eyes with a little sense of humor.

8- If you could wish for one thing to happen for your shop, what would it be?

Oh wow that is a hard one because I want so many things for my shop but, I would want for the items that have really become my sons favorites and my godsends to hit the big time! My little watch is so fun, helps our little ones get ready for the real thing and they get to feel all grown up and then my Ouchy Eater…this little guy has really come in handy (didn't know just how many boo boos a little boy could get) and my son loves to just play with it. Quite a few of the things I have created have brought something good in one way or another and really want to share that with everyone.

9- What is a typical day for you and your daughter?

Hehehe…is any day typical when you have little ones, lol? We are all early risers, which is very helpful, out the door for school, then me and my little son are home for the day (creating & fun…learning time for him) then we go pick her up, homework if any, she is pretty creative and loves to play her keyboard for us (she is teaching herself), reading, drawing, sewing, baking, something fun, we both love to watch the Food Network together or we will have a family movie night, then she is off to bed. On the weekends we go to the zoo, spend time with family and friends and just hang out.

10- What is your favorite spice and why? :)

Ooohh…black pepper! I think I put it on almost everything I eat. I just love the flavor it brings to different foods.

Wasn't that an interesting read?! It's so neat that when you buy handmade, you're buying into more than just the object, but into the PERSON too!

Check out these favorites of mine from her shop...:)

Construction Zone Ahead - Fun Art Apron
Color Me Sweetly - Girls Personalized Drawstring Bag
Candy Store - Yummy Beaded Bracelet

Feel free to link us to your blog or Etsy shop...we'd love to see what you've got! The WINNER will be announced in it's own post right before the next Wonder Wednesday so be sure to come looking!

Have fun reading and swimming about and thank you to everyone who enters in support!

39 comments:

KR on March 18, 2009 at 5:43 PM said...

I love the Theres A Monster In My Pocket - Felt Wallet - Red. I know a little guy who would love to have this!

kiddomerriweather on March 18, 2009 at 6:21 PM said...

It was so hard to pick a favorite! Everything is so wonderful! I chose the Crazy For Candy - Personalized Beaded Ribbon Necklace. I love the colorful beads and the fact that it can be personalized. It's so cute!

kiddomerriweather on March 18, 2009 at 6:23 PM said...

I am following Giggling Goldfish on Twitter. (kiddo47)

kiddomerriweather on March 18, 2009 at 6:24 PM said...

I am following Gifted Designs on Twitter. (kiddo47)

Becky Pool on March 18, 2009 at 9:31 PM said...

I love the bigger bites turquoise earrings! They are simple with a gorgeous splash of color.

rebekahjpool@gmail.com

Stephanie on March 18, 2009 at 9:39 PM said...

I love the OuChY EaTerRs - Monster Boo Boo Pack. They make something a little fun that at first brought tears.

lesjoujou AT gmail DOT com

The Little Lee Family on March 19, 2009 at 12:02 AM said...

I love the Its Almost Time - Blue and Lime - Little Boys Pretend Watch-- i love cute things that help little ones learn and feel like a "big kid" alihsu06@yahoo.com

Shanda on March 19, 2009 at 12:31 AM said...

My favorite is the Sweet Pink and Posh Night Light because it would look so cute in my daughters room!
shan_da(at)hotmail(dot)com

janil on March 19, 2009 at 4:43 AM said...

It's absolutely all adorable in the shop but I choose Construction Zone Ahead - Fun Art Apron. I love it!!! It's very useful and it's colouring and funny. My daughter'd love it!!!!

Thanks for the chance!

cal_rubies at yahoo dot es

erin, maker of chimes on March 19, 2009 at 9:02 AM said...

What a fun shop! Love the watches and the My Name Is...Personalized Childrens Felt Book

dinnertimechimes@aol.com

erin, maker of chimes on March 19, 2009 at 9:02 AM said...

Added as contact on Flickr

erin, maker of chimes on March 19, 2009 at 9:03 AM said...

blog follower-1

erin, maker of chimes on March 19, 2009 at 9:04 AM said...

blog follower-2

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations on March 19, 2009 at 11:57 AM said...

Love the Crazy For Candy - Personalized Beaded Ribbon Necklace. The colors are beautiful!!


=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations on March 19, 2009 at 11:58 AM said...

following giggleingoldfish on twitter-melaniescrafts

=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations on March 19, 2009 at 11:59 AM said...

following gifted designs on twitter-melaniescrafts

=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations on March 19, 2009 at 11:59 AM said...

added giggleingoldfish as a friend on flicker-melaniescrafts

=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations on March 19, 2009 at 12:03 PM said...

following #1

=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations on March 19, 2009 at 12:03 PM said...

following #2

=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

janil on March 19, 2009 at 2:19 PM said...

I like the way she spends free time with her daughter and I find too interesting she teaches herself keyboard!!!!!!!

cal_rubies at yahoo dot es

janil on March 19, 2009 at 2:23 PM said...

I'm your happy follower since now!

judybrittle on March 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM said...

I really like the Construction Zone Ahead - Fun Art Apron. That is so cute! Thank you!

judybrittle on March 19, 2009 at 6:02 PM said...

I am following Giggling Goldfish on Twitter-kewpiedoll04

judybrittle on March 19, 2009 at 6:03 PM said...

I am following Gifted Designs on Twitter-kewpiedoll04

judybrittle on March 19, 2009 at 6:03 PM said...

I am now following 1

judybrittle on March 19, 2009 at 6:03 PM said...

Following 2

Becky on March 19, 2009 at 9:22 PM said...

I love the Theres A Monster In My Pocket - Felt Wallet in red! I have a Monster laptop sleeve and it would be too cute to also have the wallet!

lensimpressions at gmail dot com

Cand on March 19, 2009 at 9:25 PM said...

Following the blog! One

Cand on March 19, 2009 at 9:26 PM said...

following the blog part 2

Cand on March 19, 2009 at 9:26 PM said...

Following Gifted Designs on Twitter

Cand on March 19, 2009 at 9:27 PM said...

Following gigglinggoldfish on twitter

Cand on March 19, 2009 at 9:28 PM said...

Added gigglinggoldfish on Flickr

Cand on March 19, 2009 at 10:38 PM said...

My favorite part of the interview is how the name was chosen. I always struggle with naming, so I find it interesting. Plus it was a sweet little story.

Cand on March 19, 2009 at 10:45 PM said...

I saved the hardest one for last.

Its pretty impossible to pick a favorite.

I LOVE the watch. My daughter is on a huge bracelet kick and I think it would be adorable. Not to mention, I love the boy colors. It reminds me of my childhood.

I like the lampshade- perfect colors for my little girls room too.

The Ouchy Eaters are too adorable. We get a lot of bumps and bruises and that just looks so cuddly and silly.

I also love the Candy Store beaded bracelet. The colors are really fun and fresh.

AND for my final LOVE IT item is the drawstring bag. I would love it to keep the little ones jammies in. I had one when I was little that hung on my doorknob.

JJ on March 19, 2009 at 10:50 PM said...

I love the My Name Is...Personalized Childrens Felt Book. These types of gifts are perfect for kids!

♥ meninheira ♥ on March 21, 2009 at 12:41 PM said...

It's amazing this clock!! :)

In the shop, I like her "Ribbon Necklace", are so cute :)

meninheira (at) gmail (dot) com

nathalie et cetera on March 22, 2009 at 10:09 AM said...

Wow! this giveway is very popular. My favorite item is the Little Forest Friends - Itty Bitty Squirrel Ring.
Shannon, I tagged you in my blog... if you are interested...

Unknown on March 22, 2009 at 12:07 PM said...

I like the Retro A Go Go - Red and Turquoise Enamel Necklace.

Neeka on March 26, 2009 at 12:55 AM said...

I like the watch, it's cute and a fun idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Gifted Designs Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template