7.04.2009

Flood

Hi guys,

As you know, I had started a mini-Etsy feature and was getting ready to relaunch my two other features as well as a host of other things.

Unfortunately, my basement apartment was flooded Wednesday night with sewer water and so I have to get my girls, the furniture that can be saved as well as myself out so the cleaners can come and whatever is damaged can be removed and replaced.

I may be gone a week or a month...no one can really tell me how long the process is going to take.

My jewelry is coming with me as is my computer, but I am not sure I'll be able to connect everything to get it up and running...especially seeing as my main drive needs to be replaced and is acting strangely...fun fun for me! :)

Happily, the only item I lost in this mess is my lovely sofa which I will have to replace. Everything else is high up and so wasn't affected beyond the legs which can be disinfected. I can be very thankful that my basement is quite high and so the flooding wasn't as bad as it was in other buildings where the basements really were basements.

My sister has my cats and I will be staying with my brother, so no boarding costs there and my landlord generously offered the use of one of the vacant apartments upstairs to store my furniture, so no depot costs either...thank God!

So a sofa, bus fair and food is all I'll be having to pay out of pocket. Kinda funny that I was going to get my house insurance on Monday but forgot due to getting caught up at work. Ah well...lesson learned!

So basically, I hope you will all stick around even though I may not have much chance to come and talk with you or show off those features which are coming up, but I promise as soon as I'm resettled, I'll head you all off with a bang!

Be well and I hope the American's amongst you are have a FABULOUS 4th of July!

2 comments:

ClayItAgain / 12MidnightOils on July 4, 2009 at 1:55 PM said...

We shall await your speedy return :)

purplecat on July 5, 2009 at 6:17 AM said...

sorry to hear about the flood, but thanks goodness you haven't lost too much, hope its sorted soon :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Gifted Designs Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template