10.19.2008

Tag, you're it!


And so I am...the lovely heatherknitz was kind enough to send me a poke with this fun little meme...I'm so weird...I love these things!

Here are the rules:

  • Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
  • Share seven facts about yourself on your blog – some random, some weird.
  • Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
  • Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

And here we gooooo!

  1. I'm 'blind' in my left eye...except it's not normal blindness...basically, when my right eye is open, the picture from my left eye gets discounted. It's actually really interesting to read about: Amblyopia. Aside from that, I am nearsighted in the right eye, farsighted in the left (antimetropia), have Strabismus, Duane Syndrome and that whole melange leads me to having very little depth perception to the point where I'm only legal to drive in certain parts of the country...which means I am not going to be driving ever...:D I also have Nocturnal Myopia, which means my perception and light intake is further shortened at night...so going outside at night in areas unknown to me can be dangerous. Anyway...all those links are really facinating reads and all this doens't bother me at all seeing as I was born this way. I DO find it kinda ironic that when God went around tossing about talent, He chose to give the chick with the screwed up eyes a visual one...*lol*
  2. I am scared of olives...really. The worst part is I know it's COMPLETELY STUPID. My step-father told me that the green olives with pimentos in them were baby eyes...and he proceeded to graphically tell me how they were extracted from said babies. I was 5 years old when he told me this. Needless to say, every time I even see just a PICTURE of olives, I get that conversation playing in my head along with all the visuals. I can't seem to get over it either. I don't run away screaming, but it takes a lot for me to even look at them. ICKKKKK!
  3. I own over 40 pairs of shoes...:D
  4. I'm a very proud Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant and I won the Name The Bear Contest to name our 2008 Teddy Bear...:D Tobee is his name and it's a reminder that the bee isn't supposed to be able to fly because of it's body proportions compared to it's wings, but it doesn't know that, so it flies anyway. Just like the bee, we too can be what we want to be...:) Tobee's proceeds go towards the Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation which donates to the Look Good, Feel Better Program as well as to womens' shelters across Canada to help women and children dealing with Domestic Violence. It's an honor to have been chosen and Tobee proudly sits on my desk so that I too can be reminded that it's up to me to fly...:D
  5. I kill plants...I don't know why. I can't seem to keep the poor things alive in my house! I've got a Money Tree at work and it seems to be growing, but I doubt it would live long if it were actually here!
  6. I'm dyslexic. Thank GOD for Firefox's spell check...or you guys would think you're reading another language!
  7. I have three beautiful cats all living with me in my one bedroom apartment...all three are seniors, gals and are various calico/tortie colors. That's purely by fluke as I adopted August and Jessica together from a wonderful friend at work and Kaleeka has been with me her entire life...I'll have to post pictures so you can see my babies! It's nice that even my cats match...;)
Now, who to tagggggg?????

lillyella

rosecreekcottage

conscientiascameos

fioretta

bathbodycandle

bloominglily

beadifulthings

Enjoy!

2 comments:

lillyella on October 20, 2008 at 2:43 AM said...

ooo thanks! This is so much fun!!
And by the way - I have over 40 pair of shoes too and four cats! :P

Gifted Designs on October 20, 2008 at 11:22 AM said...

HA!!!!!!!

Nice to know I'm not the only crazy cats/shoe lady!

I'm just happy my cats don't eat my shoes! Though Jessica has a habit of trying to FIT into them...*LMAO*

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Gifted Designs Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template