12.17.2009

New items in shop...and some that got away!

Hello everyone!

I just realized that I completely forgot to share some items I made and sold before they even got to my shop...*lol* Not that I'm complaining AT ALL, of course...:D

I also have one new necklace that's in shop waiting for just the right person...:)


I happened across these beautiful top-shelf sugalite rondelles totally by chance after talking with a good friend of mine in the forums! I was totally shocked to see them and the price made me blanch.

They were SO inexpensive! So I contacted my friend who happens to be in love with this stone and knows just about everything about it and he confirmed that it was indeed what I thought it was and he thought I should nab them quick. And so I did! I ended up making a VERY simple piece for them. I absolutely wanted to showcase the way these gems GLOW. That bright fuchsia is EXACTLY what the stones look like. It's almost eerie how much life they have.

I was also very happy when one of my lovely coworkers chose to bring this beauty home. I'll be lucky to see it every now and then...:)


For my followers who also deign jewelry, do your supplies 'talk' to you? Mine sort of do. I get an immediate idea of how I could sue something either with something existing or something I've seen but not purchased yet.

Well, when I first came across the beautiful Amazonite pendant, it was talking a mile a minute, but when it finally arrived, it went silent and so it took me a long time to figure out what to do with it when I took out some left over Amazonite brios and happened to have the smokey quartz faceted rounds out too. The results are elegant and classic with a touch of pizazz...:)

Again, I am lucky that the necklace and earrings went to another of my coworkers and so I'll get to admire it on her!

Spring Fling necklace for sale

This cutie is up in my shop right now. I don't know about you, but we've had 2 weeks of cold and snow and I'm already longing for spring! This necklace celebrates that longing...:) I used the brads from the same set as my Jessica Earrings and so even though they are not matched, they definitely go, if you're looking for a set!

I just love the way the green and soft grey-blues and turquoises play together in this. There's also great contrast between the texture of the fabric and the shine of the glass beads.

This piece was a challenge to put together because I had to do it so that the mechanisms in the back were hidden from view. I rather think I was successful and all the components on the back are smooth and so won't scratch you skin!

If you're looking forward to the birds' and the bees' return, perhaps this is for you...:)

I'm working on getting the pieces ready to put together my own Light-box. I'll be shooting form home from now on and so I definitely need one. I can't wait to add all my new pieces!

2 comments:

Happy Tortoise Designs on December 20, 2009 at 3:41 PM said...

Wonderful pieces! I'm surprised you were able to let that Sugilite go.

Yep, my supplies talk to me. Usually when I'm very tired or after a few beers. :p Every so often I'll look at a rock or a cab, and I'll just know how to cut or set it.

Gifted Designs on December 21, 2009 at 12:29 AM said...

Hehe...purple isn't at all my color. Though I LOVED the beads, I never would have worn them...:D i was very happy they went to someone who loves purple!

Exactly! I'm hoping it'll be the same for me when I start metalworking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Gifted Designs Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template